Here are the facts that you need to know about India’s one of the most strongest and now the largest party in the Indian politics surviving for almost 34 years:
- BJP was established on 6th April 1980
- Narendra Modi (the Prime Minister) is the Lok Sabha leader and Arun Jaitley is the Rajya Sabha leader.
- Its aim is protecting Hindu Cultural Identity,Gandhian Socialism and Social Conservatism.
- Currently it contains 280 seats out of 485 in Lok Sabha
- Politically its a right winged party.
- It has currently 45 members in the Rajya Sabha.
- It has its roots in the Bhartiya Jana Sangh which was founded in the year in 1951 by Syama Prasad Mookherji as a response to dominant politics of Congress party prevaling during that phase.
- This party has been through lot of name modification and finally in the year 1980 it was named as Janta Party.
- Vajpayee was appointed as the first president of the party.
- BJP opposes “pseudo secularism” instead supports “positive secularism”.
- The Party follows a strict hierarchical order in which the president holds the maximum power followed by a Parliamentary Board containing 12 members and support the President.
- The party has its members as Cheif Ministers present in 11 states of India out of which in Rajasthan it has the maximum of 82% of seats and chief minister as Vasundhara Raje
followed by Madhya Pradesh containing 72% seats and lowest in Maharashtra containing 43% of seats where chief minister is Devndra Fadnavis.
Latest posts by Shreya Karania (see all)
- The Journey Of A Successful BMS Content Writer Intern – Ms. Shreya Karania - March 30, 2015
- 7 Facts You Need To Definetly Know About Kayla Mueller - February 15, 2015
- Top 3 Latest News Pieces That Every Barcelona Fan Should Know About Its Favourite Team - February 15, 2015