Demerits of Job Enrichment
- Lazy employees may not be able to take additional responsibilities and power. It won’t fetch the desired results for an employee who is not attentive towards his job.
- Unions resistance, increased cost of design and implementation and limited research on long term effect of job enrichment are some of the other demerits.
- Job enrichment itself might not be a great motivator since it is job-intrinsic factor. As per the two-factor motivation theory, job enrichment is not enough. It should be preceded by hygienic factors etc.
- Job enrichment assumes that workers want more responsibilities and those workers who are motivated by less responsibility, job enrichment surely de-motivates them
- Workers participation may affect the enrichment process itself.
- Change is difficult to implement and is always resisted as job enrichment brings in a changes the responsibility.
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019