Marketing of services refers to business to consumer B2C and business to business B2B services like telecommunication services, financial services, car rental services, air travel, health care services and professional services.
Marketing of Services subject is designed to equip DU BMS students with the knowledge of marketing of all types of services.
Here we present Delhi University TYBMS Sem 5 Syllabus – Marketing of Services:
Unit 1 – 10 lectures
- Emergence of service economy
- Contributory factors
- Consumption pattern analysis
- Economic transformation
- Unique aspects of services
- Managerial challenges
Unit 2 – 10 lectures
- Marketing mix
- Concept of value and value drivers
- Extended framework
- Service marketing system
- Human resources
- Sequential analysis
Unit 3 – 10 lectures
- Service system positioning
- Service delivery process
- Service buying behavior
- Difference in perspective,
- Risk analysis
- Decision process
Unit 4 – 10 lectures
- Service marketing strategy
- Targeting and positioning
- Market innovation
- Competitive differentiation
- Competitive advantage
- Value chain analysis
Unit 5 – 16 lectures
- Service quality
- Concept, technical and functional quality
- Service quality models and measurement
- Demand and supply imbalances management
- Challenges and strategies
- Service culture
- Managing by values
- Recovery and empowerment
- Relationship building
- Relationship marketing
- Bonding and life time value service industries
- Air transportation
- Interactive services marketing – Fiask, R.P, Grove, S.J. & John, J.
- Understanding services management, Integrated marketing – Glynn, W.J. & Barnes, J.G.
- Service management and marketing : a customer relationship management approach – Gronroos, C.
- Marketing of services, Concepts, strategies and cases – Hoffman, K.D., & John, E.G.B.
- Service marketing, people, technology and strategy – Lovelck, C, & Chatterjee, J.
- Service marketing : The Indian perspective – Shanker, R.
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019