According to interest advertising bureau (IAB), the must popular form of on-line advertising is banner advertising.
Banner advertising is used to attract visitors to a site.
Banner advertising containing text and graphic that are placed on the screens of search engines, web
browser software and websites to attract the attention of www users. Banner advertising is of two types
• Click through advertisement.
• Not click- thorough advertisement.
Click through advertisement contain hypertext links to the site about which the banner is
Non Click through advertisements which does not contain hypertext links to the site.
Banner advertising is typically measured and priced according to two features.
ð CPM- Cost per thousand impressions.
ð CTR- Click through rate.
CPM- an impression refers to each time a page is viewed that is displaying the banner.
CTR- the click through rate is considered to be more important by many advertisers since it measures the no. of users ”delivered” to a site.
Firms are also interested in tracking whether visitors they make a purchase from the site. So software tracking devices are available for tracking such items.
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019