Suchitra Bhattacharya, an Indian novelist died on 12 May 2015 at 10.45pm due to a massive cardiac arrest at her home in Dhakuria, Kolkatta.
Here are interesting facts about Suchitra Bhattacharya which you ought to know:
1) Suchitra Bhattacharya was interested in writing from her childhood.
2) She graduated from University of Calcutta.
3) She started writing short stories in the late seventies.
4) She started writing novels in mid eighties.
5) She became one of the famous writers of Bengal after the publication of her novel Kacher Dewal i.e. Glass Wall
6) She has received various awards for her contribution to the writing field: the Nanjanagudu Thirumalamba National Award from Bangalore in 1996, the Katha Award 1997 from Delhi, the Tarashankar Award in 2000 from Kolkata, the Dwijendralal Award in 2001 from Kalyani, the Sharat Puroshkar in 2002 from Bhagalpur, as well as the Bharat Nirman Award, Sahitya Setu Award and Shailajananda Smriti Puroshkar in 2004 and Dinesh Chandra Smriti Puroskar in 2015.
7) Few of her most notable work includes:
Kachher Manush (Close to Me)
Dahan (The Burning), Kacher Dewal (The Wall Of Glass)
Hemonter Pakhi(Bird of Autumn)
Aleek Shukh(Heavenly happiness)
Gabhir Ashukh (A Grave Illness)
Uro Megh(Flying Cloud)
Alochhaya(Shadows Of Light)
Anyo Basanto(Another Spring)
Palabar Path Nei
Jalchhobi among others.
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019