YSR Congress’ Allagadda candidate B. Shobha Nagi Reddy died on Thursday in a car crash but still will be counted as a candidate for April 30 elections.
Her name will be listed on EVMs and the votes that she gets will be held valid. Election Commission said that votes polled for Shobha Nagi Reddy would not be considered as NOTA votes.
Here are 5 Things To Know About Shobha Nagi Reddy:
1) Shobha Nagi Reddy was an Indian politician from Andhra Pradesh who represented the Allagadda constituency in the Legislative Assembly of Andhra Pradesh for 4 terms until 2012 when she resigned.
2) She served as the Chairperson of APSRTC i.e. Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation and as the spokesperson for Prajarajyam party.
3) Her husband Bhuma Nagi Reddy is also a politician who served twice as a Member of Legislative Assembly and thrice as a Member of of Parliament.
4) She was 45 years old and had 3 children- 2 daughters and 1 son.
5) On 23rd April 2014, Shobha was travelling near Allagadda campaigning for the upcoming 2014 assembly elections. While returning, the SUV overturned and she died undergoing treatment in Care Hospital in Hyderabad hours later.
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019