5 Interesting Facts That You Ought To Know About The ‘Project Ara’
Project Ara is the codename for an initiative by Google that aims to develop an open hardware platform for creating highly modular smartphones.
Here are some Interesting Facts that you must know about ‘Project Ara‘:
1. The platform will include a structural frame which holds smartphone modules of the owner’s choice such as a display, camera or an extra battery. It will allow users to swap out malfunctioning modules or upgrade individual modules as innovations emerge. It will provide longer lifetime cycles for the handset, and will help in reducing electronic waste.
2. Google has just released version .2 of the Project Ara MDK ahead of the developer conference on January 14th 2015.
3. Google intends to sell a starter kit where the bill of materials is US$50 and which includes a frame, display, battery, low-end CPU and WiFi.
4. Two frame sizes will available at first: “mini“, a frame about the size of a Nokia 3310 and “medium“, about the size of a LG Nexus 5.In the future, a “large” frame about the size of a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 will be available.
5. One addition to the Project Ara undertaking is a new contactless connection system between the modules and exoskeleton that save space, reduce overall cost and will increase the overall durability of the device.
Motorola Ara Impressions:
Latest posts by Soumya Nadar (see all)
- 5 Awesome Facts That You Ought To Know About The ‘Delhi Elections’ - February 7, 2015
- 5 Interesting Facts That You Ought To Know About The Indian Playback Singer ‘Shreya Ghoshal’ - February 7, 2015
- 5 Facts That You Ought to Know About ‘Praveen Togadia’ - February 7, 2015