Don’t miss to check:
Deepawali festival is one of the most important festivals. It is called to be the festival of Vaishyas chiefly.
Deepawali comes in the month of Kartik on Amavasya day after the rainy season. The farmers are happy as the crop of rice is ready.
All the people remain busy for days in cleaning and whitewashing their houses and business premises.
There is hardly a house of any Hindu which is not cleaned or white-washed on this day. The kachha walls and courtyards in villages are besmeared with dung and earth.
It is said that Raja Ram Chandra returned to Ayodhya after fourteen years. He got victory over Ravana the king of Lanka.
So the people of Ayodhya illuminated the city to welcome him and express their joy. Thus the festival is observed in the memory-of Shri Ram.
There is hygienic point also. The season of malaria and rains is over. The houses are repaired and white-washed. The white-washing drives away the mosquitoes and makes the houses free from mosquitoes.
The children are very happy on this day. They get holidays from the schools. Great preparations are made.
The women prepare many kinds of sweets and other food articles. People buy small clay Divas. In the evening these divas are filled with mustard oil and lighted.
These Divas are put on the walls or on the bamboo frames in rows at a small distance. The whole house becomes bright with lights.
In cities and towns electric bulbs are lighted. Everything looks bright and beautiful. Some people make paper candles and hung them from the ceiling of the houses and trees. They look very beautiful.
Thus all the houses and the whole market look very bright and charming. The sweet shops give a very charming look.
The sweets are put in an attractive manner. Everybody lets off crackers. People worship the Goddess Laxmi and offer sweets to her.
The prasad is given to children and other people. The traders worship their Bahi’s and pray to Goddess Laxmi to bring them good luck all the year round.
The children are the happiest. They enjoy sweets and fireworks. They light these fireworks of different kinds. They enjoy the flying sparks and the bright coloured lights. They have a great liberty to do so.
There is one bad custom. Every Hiijdu thinks that he should gamble to try his luck. Most of the gamblers lose their money and thus become poor. The people should make an all out effort to finish this bad practice.
(P.S. The Information shared here is derived from various other websites and we neither support nor endorse the same)
- 24 October Diwali 2014 English SMS, Facebook Status, WhatsApp Messages Free Download
- Diwali | Deepavali English Quotes, Slogans, SMS, Messages 24 October 2014 Free Download
- Diwali Celebration on October 24, 2014 – SMS, Messages for WhatsApp, Facebook
- Diwali / Deepavali Quotes, SMS, Facebook Status, WhatsApp Messages 2014
- Diwali SMS, Diwali English Messages 24 October 2014
- Happy Diwali 2014 HD Images, Wallpapers For Whatsapp, Facebook, Twitter
- Happy Diwali 2014 HD Images, Wallpapers For Whatsapp, Facebook
- Diwali 2014 Facebook Photos, WhatsApp Images, Wallpapers, Pictures
- Happy Diwali 24 October 2014 Images, Greetings, Wallpapers Free Download
- Happy Diwali 2014 Wallpapers, Images, Wishes For Pinterest, Instagram
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019