Did you know Macau is the largest and 4,000 year old natural beach? Do you know that 95% of the total population of Macau is Chinese?
Here we present 10 Interesting Facts To Know Of Macau:
1) Macau is the only place in China where gambling is allowed.
2) Macau has its own dialect of Portuguese which is called “Macanese Portuguese”.
3) 50% of the residents of Macau are Buddhists.
4) Macau has a fast-aging population i.e. by 2050, there will be 8 non-working residents for every 10 active workers.
5) The official languages of Macau are Portuguese and Cantonese.
6) Macau was ruled by the Portuguese for 442 years since 1887.
7) One of the most convenient and affordable way to travel between Macau and Hong Kong is by ferry.
8) Macau is the first and last Asian country to remain a European colony with the Portuguese first arriving in 16th century and last Portuguese governor leaving in 1999.
9) 50% of Macau’s revenue is from gambling and 20% of Macau’s people are employed by the casinos.
10) Macau’s people have the second longest expected life span in the world at 84.43 as of 2012.
10 Amazing Places To Visit In Macau:
1) Ruins of St. Paul’s
2) Senado Square
3) Macau Tower
4) A-Ma Temple
5) Museum of Macau
6) Camoes Garden
7) Kun Iam Statue
8) Dom Pedro V Theatre
9) City of Dreams
10) Guia Fortress
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019