EDI (Electronic data Interchange)
Electronic data Interchange (EDI) is the electronic, computer to computer transfer of standard business documents between organizations. EDI is used extensively in LIS (Logistics Information System) to enhance the breadths, timeliness, and quality of data. EDi applies to almost every aspect of integrated Logistics ranging from paperless documentation flows to warehouse management with barcode scanner. EDI transmission allows a development to be directly processed and acted upon by the organization which receives the information. EDI replaces traditional transmission of documents such as mail, telephone and even fax.
Advantages of EDI:
- Cost reduction
- Productivity gains
- Faster order cycle times
- Better focus on the customer
- Reduced clerical work, paper and postage
- Means to achieve a competitive edge, better working relationships with trading partners.
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019