Importance of Direction:
Directing various employees in an organization is an important managerial task. It is indispensable for achieving enterprise objectives. Effective direction provides the following advantages:
1) Initiates Action: Direction is required to initiate action. The function of planning, organizing, staffing etc., will be taken up only when direction is given to initiate them. Direction starts the actual work for achieving enterprise objectives.
2) Improves Efficiency: A manager tries to get maximum work from his subordinates. This will be possible only through motivation and leadership and these techniques are a part of direction.
3) Ensures Co-ordination: Direction helps in ensuring mutual understanding and team work. The individual efforts are directed in such a way that personal performances help in achieving enterprise objectives. The integration of various activities is possible through direction.
4) Helpful in Implementing Changes: A business operates in a changing environment. New situation develop every now and then. A proper system of motivation will help employees in taking up new challenges.
5) Provides Stability: Effective leadership, supervision and motivation will help in the smooth growth of an enterprise. A growing concern will provide stability to its activities.
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019