Those candidates having appeared for the CGL 2013 re-exam on April 27, 2014 from the seven designated centers are exempt from the July 20, 2014 exam.
As per the SSC notifications, candidates appearing from Lucknow, Patna, Allahabad, Delhi, Jaipur, Shimla and Dehradun were required to attempt the CGL 2013 exam again.
The Tier I written examination consists of objective-type multiple-choice questions for a total of 200 marks. Negative marking is applicable with 0.25 marks deducted for each incorrect answer. The exam is to be completed in two hours and is divided into four sections:
1. General Intelligence and Reasoning – 50 marks
2. General Awareness – 50 marks
3. Quantitative Aptitude – 50 marks
4. English Comprehension – 50 marks
Total Marks – 200
1. General Intelligence and Reasoning: It would include questions of both verbal and non-verbal type. This component may include questions on analogies, similarities and differences, space visualization, spatial orientation, problem solving, analysis, judgement, decision making, visual memory, discrimination, observation, relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning and figural classification, arithmetic number series, non-verbal series, coding and decoding, statement conclusion, syllogistic reasoning etc. The topics are, Semantic Analogy, Symbolic/Number Analogy, Figural Analogy, Semantic Classification, Symbolic/Number Classification, Figural Classification, Semantic Series, Number Series, Figural Series, Problem Solving, Word Building, Coding and de-coding, Numerical Operations, symbolic Operations, Trends, Space Orientation, Space Visualization, Venn Diagrams, Drawing inferences, Punched hole/pattern -folding and un-folding, Figural Pattern – folding and completion, Indexing, Address matching, Date and city matching, Classification of centre codes/roll numbers, Small and Capital letters/numbers coding, decoding and classification, Embedded Figures, Critical thinking, Emotional Intelligence, Social Intelligence and other sub-topics, if any.
2. General Awareness: Questions in this component will be aimed at testing the candidates’ general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society. Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of every day observations and experience in their scientific aspect as may be expected of any educated person. The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighbouring countries especially pertaining to History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General Policy and Scientific Research.
3. Quantitative Aptitude: The questions will be designed to test the ability of appropriate use of numbers and number sense of the candidate. The scope of the test will be computation of whole numbers, decimals ,fractions and relationships between numbers, Percentage. Ratio and Proportion,Square roots, Averages, Interest, Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnership Business, Mixture and Alligation, Time and distance, Time and Work, Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra and Elementary surds, Graphs of Linear Equations, Triangle and its various kinds of centres, Congruence and similarity of triangles, Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, common tangents to two or more circles, Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons , Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square base, Trigonometric ratio, Degree and Radian Measures, Standard Identities, Complementary angles, Heights and Distances, Histogram, Frequency polygon, Bar diagram and Pie chart
4. English Comprehension: Candidates’ ability to understand correct English, his/her basic comprehension and writing ability, etc. would be tested.
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019