Public relations role in government:
The Government public relations contributes to:
1. Implementation of public policy.
2. Assisting the news media in coverage of government activities.
3. Reporting the citizenry on agency activities.
4. Increasing the internal cohesion of the agency.
5. Increasing the agency’s sensitive to its public’s.
6. Mobilisation of support for the agency itself.
Public Relations for Government (objectives and organizations)
The basic function of the government Public Relations department / agenciesis to provide information, education/instruction to the citizens. The effort should alsomotivate the people directly or indirectly, to discharge these functions in a meaningfuland purposeful manner, it is necessary that the Public Relations Department / wingshould be clear about the broad objectives which guide their work.
The national objective should be non-political, non-controversial, and onwhich there should be a national consensus. The objectives should further the interests and the well-being of the public as a whole and promote the many side development of the country. The objectives should be long term ones and need not necessarily change with political vagaries.
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019