At managerial level, Fayol gave five functions:-
- Planning:- Devising a course of action that will help the organization meet its objectives.
- Organizing:- Arrangement of the material and human resources of the organization to put the long term plans into effect.
- Commanding:- Giving directions to employees so that they perform the needful task.
- Coordination:- making sure that the resources and activities of the organization are working properly to achieve the desired goals.
- Controlling:- monitoring the plans to ensure that they are being carried out properly.