Introduction stage of Product life cycle
When the product is being introduced, the major objective is to increase the trial rate and distribution of the product. For increasing trial sampling, coupons, demonstration which are all pull promotions, can be used. To make the product available in distribution channels, it may become necessary to use some kind of incentive scheme for the resellers to encourage them and minimise their risk associating stalking a new product. Manufacturers can offer display allowances to resellers to make the product highly visible. There could be liberal guarantees to take back the stocks, if unsold, to reassure the trader. These are all push promotions. For most new products, it would be difficult to be successful without pull promotions. In fact when new products are introduced, much more emphasis is given to pull rather than push promotions.
- Fair and lovely is introducing the Fair &Lovely dark circle remover crème by having an introductory offer Rs10 off which will be available through the coupons that are distributed with newspapers like the Times of India.
- Maggie Chinese noodles was launched in February 2002
Objective- to launch Maggi Chinese noodles, create awareness amongst the target audience and induce trials
Strategy- an LCV attractively covered with Maggi Chinese noodles’ branding was used for the road show. Dragon cut outs and a sales person dressed as a Chinese chef were used to highlight the Chinese aspect. Activities around it included quizzes and fun games like ‘make the longest noodle’ out of plasticine. Sample packs of Maggi Chinese Noodle, Maggi/Nestle T-shirts and caps were given out as prizes. This activity was conducted over a period of 30 days in major shopping malls, schools, colleges and hotspots in the city. The response of this was overwhelming.
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019