Four aspects of self-image are:
1. Actual self-image— how consumers see themselves.
2. Ideal self-image— how consumers would like to see themselves.
3. Social self-image— how consumers feel others see them.
4. Ideal social self-image— how consumers would like others to
see them. Some marketers have identified a fifth and sixth self-image.
5. Expected self-image— how consumers expect to see themselves at some specified future time.
6. ―Ought-to‖ self— traits or characteristics that an individual believes it is his or her duty or obligation to possess.
In different contexts consumers might select different self- images to guide behavior. The concept of self-image has strategic implications for marketers. Marketers can segment their markets on the basis of relevant consumer self-images and then position their products or stores as symbols for such self-images.
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019