The main features of line and staff organisation are:
- Line and Staff organisation is a combination of line organisation and functional (i.e., staff) organisation. Under this system, there are line officers who have authority and command over the subordinates and are accountable for the tasks entrusted to them, and there are staff officers or specialists to offer expert advice to the line officers to perform their tasks efficiently.
- Line and staff organisation clear distinction between the two aspects of administration. Viz. planning and execution. The staff personnel prepare the plans and give advice to the line officials, and line officials execute the plans with help of the departmental personnel.
- The line and staff organisation is based on the principle of specialization, in the sense that the staff officers specialize in the planning function and the line officers specialisation in the execution or doing function of the administration.
The following two tabs change content below.
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019