The features of bureaucratic structure as given by Weber are :-
- Hierarchy:- It is a way of ranking various positions in descending order from top to bottom. In this type of structure, each lower office is under the supervision and control of higher one.
- Division of work:- The total work is divided into specialized jobs. By doing the same type of work a number of times, employee becomes an expert in course of time.
- Rules, regulations and procedures:- The behavior of employees is regulated through a set of rules. The emphasis is on consistency. Employees are expected to follow these rules strictly.
- Records:- Proper records have to be kept for everything. Files have to be maintained to record the decisions and activities of the organization on a day-to-day basis for future use.
- Impersonal relationships:- Everything should proceed according to rules. There is no room for personal involvement, emotions and sentiments. The decision must be governed by rational considerations rather than personal factors.
- Administrative class:- Bureaucracies generally have administrative class responsible for coordinating the work. The officials, known as bureaucrats, are selected on the basis of their competence and skills.
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019