1. Organizational objectives: Advertising budget depends on the objectives, which the firm desires to achieve. There are various objectives behind advertising campaign. Some of the objectives are noted below:
a) To introduce new products through advertising campaign. b) To develop consumer loyalty and create market reputation. c) To fight market competition effectively
d) To promote sales and earn more profit
e) To create brand awareness
f) To encourage dealers to stock the product.
2. Type of product to be marketed: Advertising budget will be more for consumer items like textiles, cosmetics, soaps etc. due to severe market competition and wider area coverage. In class of industrial products, the budgeted amount will be less due to limited competition.
3. Stage in the product life cycle: new products typically receive large advertising budgets to build awareness and to gain consumers trial.
4. Market share and consumer base: the brands having a high market share usually require less advertising expenditure whereas for products whose brand needs to be built, requires larger advertising expenditure.
5. Competition and clutter: In today‘s competitive market, where there are a large number of
competitors, a brand must advertise heavily to be heard.
6. Advertising frequency: the number of repetitions that need to be made to put across the brand message to consumers has an important impact on the advertising budget.
7. Product sustainability: brands in the commodity class require heavy advertising to establish a different image. For example, cigarettes, beer, soft drinks. Also advertising is important when the brand can offer unique physical benefits or features.
8. Expenditure of the previous year
9. Media used
10. Availability of finance
11.. Size of the market
12. Quality of the advertising campaign
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019