Difference between correlation and regression-
- Whereas coefficient is a measure of degree pf co variability between x and y the objective of regression is to find out the nature of relationship between the variables.
- Correlation is merely a tool of ascertaining the degree of relationship between two variables and we can not say that one variable is the cause another effect.
- There may be nonsense correlation between two variables which is purely due to chance and has no practical relevance there is nothing like nonsense regression,
- Correlation coefficient is independent of change of scale and origin regression coefficients are independent of change of scale but not of origin.
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019