- Materials Management is connected with maintaining adequate supply of something (raw material, spares, and components, operating supplies (utilities) to meet anticipated demands economically.
- The function of Material Management is to ensure supply of materials at right time, place, in right quantity, of right quality, from right sources and at right price.
- Materials Management is concerned with the management of material flow into, through and out of system.
- Materials Management is confederacy of traditional material activities bounded by a common idea – the idea of an integrated management approach to planning acquisitions, conversion, flow and distribution of production materials from raw material state to finished product state.
- Materials Management is decision making with respect to design, procurement, storage, issue, packing and handling and accounting of materials to get most out of every amount invested in materials.
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019