1. The diagnosis and conclusions flowing from the five preceding analytical steps set the agenda for crafting strategic moves to improve a diversified company’s overall performance. The strategic options boil down to five broad categories of actions:
a. Sticking closely with the existing business lineup and pursuing the opportunities it presents
b. Broadening the company’s diversification base by making new acquisitions in new industries
c. Divesting certain businesses and retrenching to a narrower diversification base
d. Restructuring the company’s business lineup and putting a whole new face on the company’s business makeup
e. Pursuing multinational diversification and striving to globalize the operations of several of the company’s business units.
2. The option of sticking with the current business lineup makes sense when the company’s present businesses offer attractive growth opportunities and can be counted on to generate dependable earnings and cash flows.
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019