Characteristics of Good Test:
A good test has the following characteristics:
1) Reliability: a test should be reliable. Reliability of test means that it gives same results when applied to a person at different time. A test will not be reliable if it gives varied results when applied to the same person. For example, an intelligence test is applied to a person on Sunday and he gets a score of 100. The test is applied again to the same person on Wednesday and it given a score of 120. This test will not be called reliable because it has given varied results.
2) Objectivity: the test should be similarly applicable to different persons. The results of the test should not have a bias in favour of persons with particular education or technical background. It should be so constructed that two or more persons can score the responses to items, questions or tasks in the same way.
3) Consistency: a good test should give consistent results when carried out on different persons at different times. For example, a test shows x superior to y when it is applied on a particular day. If the test is repeated on the same persons on a different day it should again show the superiority of X over Y. If this is so the test will be consistent.
4) Standardization: a good test must be standardized. It may be administered under standard conditions to a group of persons who are representatives of the individual for whom it is intended. The methods and procedures for conducting and measuring results should also be standardized.
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019