Jordan officially the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan is an Arab kingdom in the Middle East, on the East Bank of the Jordan River. Jordan is bordered by Saudi Arabia to the south and east, Iraq to the north-east, Syria to the north, and Israel to the west.
Here are some of the Interesting Facts that you must know about ‘Jordan‘:
1. Although Jordan is a constitutional monarchy, the king holds wide executive and legislative powers. He serves as Head of State and Commander-in-Chief and appoints the executive branch consisting of the Prime Minister, the Cabinet of Jordan, and regional governors. The current monarch is Abdullah II.
Here is the image of Abdullah:
2. Jordan is divided into 12 provinces known as governorates, which, in turn, are subdivided into 54 departments or districts called nawahi.
Here is the image of Jordan Governorates Map:
3. Jordan has been a medical tourism destination in the Middle East since the 1970s. A study conducted by Jordan’s Private Hospitals Association (PHA) found that 250,000 patients from 102 countries received treatment in the kingdom in 2010, compared to 190,000 in 2007. It Bought in over $1 billion in revenue.
Here is the image of Jordan map:
4. Jordan’s main focus of attention in its marketing effort are the ex-Soviet states, Europe, and America. Most common medical procedures on Arab and foreign patients included organ transplants, open heart surgeries, infertility treatment,bone operations and cancer treatment.
5. Jordan receives international aid moneys that are distributed to various kinds of environmental issues. The most important ones appear to be water management, energy issues, and agriculture has partnered with multilateral organizations like the Global Environmental Facility (GEF) and the World Bank.
Here is the Logo of Global Environmental Facility (GEF) and the World Bank:
Visiting The country of Jordan in a Minute:
Latest posts by Soumya Nadar (see all)
- 5 Awesome Facts That You Ought To Know About The ‘Delhi Elections’ - February 7, 2015
- 5 Interesting Facts That You Ought To Know About The Indian Playback Singer ‘Shreya Ghoshal’ - February 7, 2015
- 5 Facts That You Ought to Know About ‘Praveen Togadia’ - February 7, 2015