1) Roger Federer was born in Basel, Switzerland on 8th August 1981.
2) He started playing tennis and soccer at the age of 8 and by age 11, he was among the Top 3 junior tennis players in Switzerland.
3) At the age of 14, he started playing 2-3 tournaments per month and practiced for 6 hours a week alongwith 3 hours of conditioning.
4) His role models are Boris Becker and Stefan Edberg.
5) In 2003, he became the first Swiss man to win a Grand Slam title and Wimbledon Singles Championship.
6) In 2004, he won the Australian Open, U.S. Open, ATP Masters, retained the Wimbledon Singles title and had a world ranking of No. 2.
7) From 2005 to 2008, he held on to his No. 1 ranking and dominated the sport with great enthusiasm.
8) He married Mirka Vavrinec who is a former professional tennis player in 2009.
9) The couple became parents of identical twin girls in 2009 and identical twin boys in 2014.
10) He is the founder of Roger Federer Foundation which helps to provide grants to poor countries that have child mortality rates of more than 15% – for education and sports-related projects.
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019