Quotes of Ratan Tata :
1. What I would like to do is to leave behind a sustainable entity of a set of companies that operate in an exemplary manner in terms of ethics, values and continue what our ancestors left behind.
2. Power and wealth are not two of my main stakes.
3. I may have hurt some people along the way, but I would like to be seen as somebody who has done his best to do the right thing for any situation and not compromised.
4. I have two or three cars that I like, but today, Ferrari would be the best car I have driven in terms of being an impressive car.
5. I have been constantly telling people to encourage people, to question the unquestioned and not to be ashamed to bring up new ideas, new processes to get things done.
6. Apart from values and ethics which I have tried to live by, the legacy I would like to leave behind is a very simple one – that I have always stood up for what I consider to be the right thing, and I have tried to be as fair and equitable as I could be.
7. I have always been very confident and very upbeat about the future potential of India. I think it is a great country with great potential.
8. If it stands the test of public scrutiny, do it… if it doesn’t stand the test of public scrutiny then don’t do it.
9. There are many things that, if I have to relive, maybe I will do it another way. But I would not like to look back and think what I have not been able to.
10. I followed someone who had very large shoes. He had very large shoes. Mr. J. R. D. Tata. He was a legend in the Indian business community. He had been at the helm of the Tata organization for 50 years. You were almost starting to think he was going to be there forever.