Alan Moore is an English writer primarily known for his work in comic books including Watchmen, V for Vendetta, and From Hell.
Quotes of Alan Moore :
1. The roots of the word ‘anarchy’ are ‘an archos,’ ‘no leaders,’ which is not really about the kind of chaos that most people imagine when the word ‘anarchy’ is mentioned. I think that anarchy is, to the contrary, about taking personal responsibility for yourself.
2. Don’t leave home without your sword – your intellect.
3. To some degree Satanism is purely a kind of disease of Christianity. You’ve got to really be Christian to believe in Satan.
4. For me, there is very little difference between magic and art. To me, the ultimate act of magic is to create something from nothing: It’s like when the stage magician pulls the rabbit from the hat.
5. As far as I can see, it’s not important that we have free will, just as long as we have the illusion of free will to stop us going mad.
6. I suppose all fictional characters, especially in adventure or heroic fiction, at the end of the day are our dreams about ourselves. And sometimes they can be really revealing.
7. Our environments shape the way we see ourselves. If you have been condemned to live in an area that is pretty evidently a rat-run, then sooner or later you’re gonna come to the conclusion that you’re a rat.
8. Magic is a state of mind. It is often portrayed as very black and gothic, and that is because certain practitioners played that up for a sense of power and prestige. That is a disservice. Magic is very colorful. Of this, I am sure.
9. If the audience knew what they wanted then they wouldn’t be the audience, they would be the artist.
10. There are two worlds we live in: a material world, bound by the laws of physics, and the world inside our mind, which is just as important.
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019