Short Notes: Concept based questions.
- Meaning and definition of logistics.
- Rapid response.
- Minimum Variance.
- Movement Consolidation.
- Return Logistics (Reverse Logistics).
- Military Logistics
- 3rd Party and 4th Party Logistics.
- Difference between logistics and Supply chain Management.
- Competency and Core Competency.
- Functional integration of logistical management.
- What is SCM?
- Global Supply Chain Management.
- Bull Whip Effect.
- Extended enterprise.
- Relationship Management.
- Matrix organization.
- Responsive Organization.
- Perfect order.
- Categorization of Customer Service elements.
- Types of forecast.
- Judgmental approach.
- Experimental approach.
- Relation/Causal approach.
- Time series approach/Exponential smoothing.
- Top down and bottom up approach.
- Delphi Method
- Routes and section capacity.
- Terminal Facilities.
- Economies of scale in transportation.
- Economies of distance in transportation.
- Participants in transportation decision.
- Product and market related factors affecting transportation.
- Intermodal transportation.
- Vehicle turnaround time.
- Load Planning.
- Vehicle utilization in transportation.
- Functions of transportation.
- Prime Movers.
- Difference between Private and Public warehouse.
- Difference between warehouse and distribution center.
- Warehouse location and warehouse layout.
- Square root law.
- Functions of warehousing.
- “Material handling adds to the cost not value” – Comment.
- Types of material handling equipments.
- Briefly comment on the objectives of packaging.
- Types of packaging( consumer and industrial).
- Explain Service level.
- Explain Reorder level.
- Explain EOQ
- ABC analysis to control inventory or what is relevance of “80-20 rule” in inventory management?
- Two and three bin technique.
- Fair share allocation in inventory management.
- Distribution Requirement Planning.
- JIT 1 and JIT2.
- Kanban cards.
- Vendor Managed Inventory or Continuous Replenishment Strategy
- Quick Response Management.
- Explain”Geographical Specialization” as a function inventory.
- Explain “Decoupling” as a function of inventory.
- Cycle Inventory and average inventory.
- Explain the meaning of logistics information system? Principles of Logistics Information system.
- Radio Frequency in Logistics.
- Satellite Communication in Logistics.
- EDI in Logistics.
- Bar Coding in Logistics.
- What is benchmarking?
- Asset Measurement as a performance measure.
- Explain Activity based costing and Mission Based costing.
- Explain cost identification.
- Direct shipment network.
- Milk Run.
- Roll On Roll off(RORO)
- Golden quadrilateral.
- Container Corporation of India.
- Explain Cold Chain.
- Explain Logistics Park.
- Deep water ports.
Essay type questions
- Explain the importance of Logistics in current business scenario in India.
- Explain how logistics interfaces with marketing.
- Discuss how SCM and Logistics Management are different.
- Discuss the importance of SCM in current business scenario.
- Explain factors determining organization structure.
- What is customer service? Explain the objectives of customer service.
- What is demand forecasting? Explain its importance?
- Explain role of transportation/ Importance of transportation.
- Explain the factors considered in transportation policy.
- Explain Rail and Road as mode of transportation.
- Explain Airways as mode of transportation.
- Explain waterways as mode of transportation.
- Explain pipelines as mode of transportation.
- Explain ropeways as mode of transportation.
- Explain costs associated with transportation.
- What is warehousing? Explain the Economic benefits of ware housing.
- What is warehousing? Explain the Service benefits of ware housing.
- Explain the types of warehouses.
- Define and explain what is inventory. Purpose of holding inventory.
- Explain Selective techniques to control inventory or Importance of Inventory Control.
- MRP1 and MRP2.
- Explain various inventory cost.
- Explain types of Inventory.
- What is the importance of Logistical Information System in procurement area?
- Role of technology in current logistical scenario. Or Use of technology to perform logistics function.
- Explain the importance of Performance Measurement?
- Explain Internal Performance Measurement?
- Explain External Performance Measurement?
- What is the importance of logistical network analysis?
- Explain role of packaging and warehousing in Logistics.
- “Customer satisfaction is an interface between marketing and logistics” comment.
Latest posts by MT UVA BMS (see all)
- International Finance Important Question Bank – MT UVA BMS - May 5, 2014
- Special Studies in Finance Chapter-wise Important Sums for practice - November 25, 2013
- Operations Research Important Questions 2013 – MT UVA BMS - April 22, 2013