Materials Requirements planning (MRP-1 or mrp): Computer based information system for ordering and scheduling of dependent demand inventories.
Objectives of MRP
1. To improve customer service by meeting delivery schedules promised and shortening delivery lead times.
2. To reduce inventory costs by reducing inventory levels.
3.To improve plant operating efficiency by better use of productive resources.
Three main purposes of a basic MRP system are to:
- Control inventory levels
- Assign operating priorities
- Assign capacity to load production systems.
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019