- Material management involves organizing and coordinating all management functions that are responsible for every aspect of materials, storage, and transformation.
- Buying, storage, and movement of material are the three basic objectives of materials management.
- Optimum investment in inventory is the prime objective of materials management.
- Development of personnel is very important for long-term growth of a firm.
- Engineering groups are primarily responsible for standards of specifications.