To be eligible to appear in CLAT-2014, a candidate should have obtained a Higher Secondary School/Intermediate (10+2) or its equivalent certificate from a recognized Board with not less than 45% marks in aggregate (40% in case of SC and ST candidates) and should be below 20 years of age as on 1st July 2014 (22 years in case of SC/ST and Persons with Disability (PWD) candidates) *. Candidates who are appearing in March/April, 2014 or have appeared in the 10+2 examination and are awaiting results are also eligible to appear in the test. However, such candidates are required to have passed the qualifying examination at the time of their admission and must be able to submit proofs in support of their claims. No provisional admission shall be provided to those candidates who are not submitting the result of the qualifying examination (i.e. 10+2) at the time of admission.
* Subject to State reservation at the University concerned.
How to Apply?
- (i) The CLAT-2014 Online Application Form will be accessible on the CLAT website (www.clat.ac.in) between 1st January, 2014 and 31st March, 2014 alongwith the Information Brochure. No hard copy of the Application Form and Information Brochure will be sold this time.
- (ii) CLAT-2014 Information Brochure (not the application form) will also be accessible from the respective website of all the participating NLUs.
Mode of Payment Through CLAT Website
- A candidate will have to make payment on three occasions through CLAT website viz, (i) submitting the Online Application Form (ii) if interested in downloading the Previous Year’s Question papers and (iii) while participating in the counseling session. The mode of payment through the website is both online and offline.
- The online payment can be made through net-banking, debit card, credit card etc. wherein the candidate will have to bear the additional transaction costs for remitting the fees through payment gateways.
- For paying the fees offline through website, the candidate will have to download the ‘Bank Challan‘ that will be generated with the required information, as filled in by the candidate, and make the payment with additional bank charges at any branch of the SBI. After making the requisite payment at the bank, the candidate needs to fill-in the details of the Bank Challan as required at the relevant section of the website.
The fees to be remitted while submitting the Online Application Form of CLAT-2014 for General/OBC/PWD and other category candidates is `4000/- (for SC and ST category candidates it is `3500/-), excluding the bank charges or additional transaction costs for remitting the fees offline/online through payment gateways.
Mode of Application
- (i) There is only one mode of application i.e. online which can be accessed by a candidate after registering self on the CLAT website by creating a LOGIN ACCOUNT. The Online Application Form can be submitted only between 1st January, 2014 and 31st March, 2014 (11:59 p.m.). The submitted Online Application Form in PDF format and other details will be available and accessible in the LOGIN ACCOUNT of the candidate.
- (ii) No copies of the filled in Online Application Form or uploaded certificates/documents need to be sent to the CLAT Office.
- (iii) The Hall-Ticket/Admit Card may be accessed / downloaded by the candidate in the personal LOGIN ACCOUNT. The candidate is required to take the printout of the Hall-Ticket / Admit Card to the Examination Hall.
- (iv) Candidates applying must visit and carefully read the instructions given in the CLAT-2014 website (www.clat.ac.in).
- (v) Incomplete application or application in any mode other than online or application after the last date and time shall not be considered. It shall be the obligation of the candidate to fill the Online Application Form in a timely manner and the Organizing University, i.e. GNLU, Gandhinagar shall not be responsible in anyway.
Documents To Be Uploaded during Online Application
The original certificates/documents issued by the competent authority as specified in the CLAT- 2014 Information Brochure are to be submitted to the allotted University only at the time of admission. The relevant attested photocopies of the certificates/documents (photograph and signatures of the candidate and parent/guardian need not be attested) in support of one’s claim for admission are to be uploaded while filling the Online Application Form.
- (i) The scanned attested photocopies of the documents to be uploaded in the PDF format (or as specified) by all the candidates are:
- (a) Birth Certificate
- (b) Standard X Marksheet
- (c) Qualifying Examination Marksheet/Certificate such as 10+2 or its equivalent examination certificate from a recognized Board (for UG Courses).
- (d) Qualifying Examination Marksheet/Certificate such as LL.B. or its equivalent examination certificate from a recognized University (for PG Courses).
- (e) Passport size photograph (3.5 cms x 4.5 cms) [JPG Format]
- (f) Signature of candidate [JPG Format]
- (g) Signature of parent/guardian [JPG Format]
- (ii) The scanned attested photocopies of the documents to be uploaded in the PDF format by a candidate depending on the applicability are:
- (a) Category Certificate (SC/ST/OBC)
- (b) Disability Certificate (Persons With Disability, P.W.D.)
- (c) Special Category certificate like E.B.C.; B.C.; W.B.C.; D.F.F.; S.E.B.C.; Ancestral residents of village Sidhuwal, District Patiala; Son / Daughter of Defense Personnel Deployed in U.P. or Defense Personnel of U.P. either retired or killed/ disabled in action; Dependant of Freedom Fighter of U.P. and Kashmiri Migrant.
- (d) Certificates in support of One’s Claim for NRI/NRI Sponsored Candidate.
- (e) Domicile Certificate in support of one’s claim for consideration under State Quota
The certificates/documents listed above are essential requirements for admission to the UG and PG courses. In addition to the above, the candidates may be required to submit such other certificates/documents as may be specified by various Universities in their respective websites and also in the Instructions for Admission to UG/PG Programmes issued along with the List of Allotted Candidates from time to time. Further, the candidates will also be required to submit Photocopies of the relevant certificates/documents as may be specified/ required by the concerned universities.
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019