Carol Ann Duffy is the first female, Scottish Poet Laureate in the role’s 400 year history. She has won the hearts of a very wide audience of readers and listeners by combining tenderness an toughness, humor and lyricism, unconventional attitudes and conventional forms. She was born in the Gorbals (Glasgow) on 23 December 1955. The three strong books that made her name in the Nineties blazed with voicings; with dramatic characters, a bomber, a psychopath, an American buying Manhattan. This voicing power emerged again in The World’s Wife, along with the same sharp humour, social criticism and satire.
Here we present 5 Best Famous Quotes Of ‘Carol Ann Duffy’ :
1. You can find poetry in your everyday life, your memory, in what people say on the bus, in the news, or just what’s in your heart.
3. Every day is a gift with a child, no matter what problems you have.
4. It’s always good when women win things in fiction because it tends to be more male-dominated, unlike poetry, which is more equal.
5. I think poetry can help children deal with the other subjects on the curriculum by enabling them to see a subject in a new way.
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019