India-the land of fantasy and dreams, land of colour and variety-the very name makes us think of brilliant silks, bearded holy men, fervent pilgrims, snow-capped peaks, and sacred rivers.
Imagining India, we envision various monuments and people of all casts living together, diversity in forests and in businesses, climate of the north &south and the hospitality of the people. We’re just so short of words here.
Now, I’d be glad to show you some amazing facts that will make you all the more proud of your homeland.
1. The world’s first University was established in Takshila or Taxila or Takshashila (now in Pakistan) in 700BC. This centre of learning was situated about 50 km west of Rawalpindi in Pakistan. It was an important Vedic/Hindu and Buddhist center of learning. More than 10,500 students from all over the world studied here.
2. In the time of Chandragupta II Vikramaditya (375–413 CE), corrosion-resistant iron was used to erect the Iron pillar of Delhi, which has withstood corrosion for over 1,600 years.
3. Diamonds were first recognized and mined in central India, about 5000 years ago. India remained the only source of Diamonds until 18th century when they were discovered in Brazil.
4. It isn’t stated anywhere, but the Indian God’s and holy books have it written that the Universe is infinite and the galaxies cannot be estimated, much before it was scientifically discovered.
5. Cherrapunji(Meghalaya) is the wettest spot on earth. It receives at least 425 inches of rain every year, which is over 5 times more than the tropical rain forests of South America!
6. Along with the ‘zero’, even the decimal was invented in India
7. India’s tech capital, Bangalore, has increased its office supply by six times since 2006, and now has more Grade-A offices than Singapore!
8. A bigger movie market than America and Canada combined, India sold 3.2 billion tickets last year.
9. People from every religion can be found in India including Indian Jews.
10. The 32-lane toll plaza is located at the Delhi-Gurgaon border in the route of Delhi Gurgaon Expressway. The 32 Lane Gurgaon Expressway toll plaza is the India’s largest toll plaza and biggest toll plaza in whole Asia.
Long love Incredible India!
– Meher Banga
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019