Word of mouth spreads like wild fire. If the subject and content are
right, it can burst into spontaneous combustion just as an entire forest may
suddenly be overrun by conflagration. Through word of mouth, rumour
and innuendo may spread with extreme speed and spontaneity if the
subject is close to the emotion of people. Feeling and thought must quickly
take wing on word of mouth. In stimulating a word-of-mouth campaign
the important thing is to present subject matter of such interest as to cause
people to repeat it to others.
Word of mouth is perhaps the most subtle of publicity tools. It takes
the form of gossip and slander at times if timely action is not taken to
control it. Though it is the hardest to control, all our efforts need to be
made. Its manipulation is not subject to cut-and dried mechanics, as is the
case with so many publicity media and instruments. The things that
contribute to word-of-mouth circulation are:
1. A spectacular and successful event or product.
2. A spectacular publicity or activising campaign.
3. A good catchword or slogan.
4. Capitalising on a mass trend or catchword.
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019