Palletization / Unitization
In palletization / unitization, the master cartons are accumulated and stacked to form a single larger unit. Palletization helps in handling, transportation, storing, loading, unloading, loss and damage. This helps to save money and improve productivity. Although the advantages of pallets are many, there are three major disadvantages:
- Lack of standard pallet size: Pallets come in variety of shapes and sizes. This may cause problems in loading, unloading and packing.
- Once the pallet is empty, it needs to be stored, which takes up some space that could be used for storing other products.
- Costs of pallets are high. As it is used to store master cartons, it should be of sturdy material, which increases cost.
Pallets could be made of rigid containers where the product is completely enclosed or it could be non rigid, where the products are not completely enclosed.
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019