Is broadly defined as any communication by a retailer that informs, persuades, and/or reminds the target market about any aspect of that firm. Advertising, P.R., personal selling and sales promotion are the 4 elements of promotion.
Steps in planning a promotion strategy:
- Goals are stated in specific and measurable terms. Positive word of mouth (WOM) is an important long-term goal.
- An overall promotion budget is set on the basis of one of these techniques: all you can afford incremental, competitive parity, etc.
- The promotional mix is outlined, based on the firm’s budget, the type of retailing involved, the coverage of the media, and the hierarchy of effects.
- The promotional mix is enacted. Included are decisions involving specific media, promotional timing, message content, sales force composition, particular sales-promotion tools, and the responsibility for co-ordination.
- The retailer systematically reviews and adjusts the promotional plan, consistent with its preset goals.
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019