The solution of a balanced Transportation Problem of Minimization is divided in two parts –
In part one we find out an initial solution to the given Transportation Problems. This is known as Initial Basic Feasible Solution (I.B.F.S.)
There are six different methods to find out an IBFS.
1. North-West Corner Rule (NWCR)
2. South-East Corner Rule (SECR)
3. Row Minima Method (RMM)
4. Column Minima Method (CMM)
5. Matrix Minima Method (MMM) or Least cost Method (LCM) or Inspection Method.
6. Vogel’s Approximation Method (VAM) or Vogel’s Method of Penalty
Latest posts by MT UVA BMS (see all)
- International Finance Important Question Bank – MT UVA BMS - May 5, 2014
- Special Studies in Finance Chapter-wise Important Sums for practice - November 25, 2013
- Operations Research Important Questions 2013 – MT UVA BMS - April 22, 2013