It is true that departmentation is helpful to the enterprise in many ways. But it is not free from limitations. Its main limitations are:
- There is the problem of co-ordination. The greater the number of departments, the more difficult will be the task of co-ordination.
In this connection, it may be noted that the lack of proper co-ordination would impair the managerial efficiency and the overall results of the enterprise.
- There is also the problem of communication. The work of communication becomes more difficult.
- Under departmentation, there is also the problem of supervision and control.
- Departmentation is expensive in terms of money and efforts. In other words, it increases the cost of managing the concern.
- Under departmentation, because of the layering of executives, the operative personnel are far removed from the top management.
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019