Induction means orientation. When a new person is recruited in the organisation it is essential to orient a new comer about the organisation.
Contents of induction programme
An induction programme is generally undertaken by the company to provide information to the new recruit about the following.
* Products and services offered by the company.
* Brief history and achievements of the company.
* Policies, procedures, guidelines, norms and practices followed by the company.
* The organisation structure and the hierarchy in the organisation.
* Grievances redress mechanism available with the company.
* Various employee welfare schemes available with the company.
* The location of various departments and the production facility .
* Career improvement and development programs adopted by the company.
* Service conditions, duties and responsibilities of the employees.