Meaning of media operation:
Media operations refer to the follow-up actions & activates that are carried out by the media operation departments.
Normally T.V., Radio & press are used as advertising media.
Activities under media operations:
- Taking the approval of the client for media plan & the expenditure to be incurred on different media.
- Booking time & space for advertising according to the media plan.
- Preparing advertising copy or short tape recording message for radio & video film for TV advertising.
- Giving final orders for radio announcement & TV announcements & press advertising.
- Keeping watch on media as regards advertising work.
- After due verification making payment to media as per the bills.
- Under exceptional situation cancellation of booking of media time & space as per the provisions in the agreement with the media.
- Getting approval of AIR & DD to the final tape or film prepared for announcement.
- Looking after the preparation of sponsored programme in case the same is to be used as per the media plan.
- Undertaking any other activity required for execution of the media plan.