Consumer co-operatives are responsible for providing essential commodities to the consumer at reasonable prices. They help stabilize prices, protect the consumer against artificial scarcity; supply of sub standard goods and unfair trade practices resorted to by private traders.
1. Supply of things and services as per need:
Consumer Co-operatives have direct links with the producers and manufacturers and they directly purchase good from them thus maintaining a demand supply stable relationship.
2. Eradicates Malpractices of traders:
Co-operatives help curtail black marketing, artificial scarcity, cheating in measurements, hoarding etc.
3. Eradication of trader’s chain:
Co-operatives eliminate the middle man and thus sell good at a cheaper price.
First Co-operate departmental store in rural India. It has a turnover of Rs. 41.5 crore. Its employees consist of 70% women.
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019