Companies increasingly compete for market share and mindshare in all corners of the world.
Having a strong and favourable reputation with consumers plays a critical role in helping a company to differentiate itself from its rivals.
So here is a list of one of the most reputed and the greatest known and appreciated companies in INDIA.
RANK 1: Aditya Birla Group
- INCHARGE: Kumar Mangalam Birla (Chairman)
- Employees: 136,000.
The Aditya Birla Group is a multinational headquartered in Mumbai.
It operates in 33 countries.
The group deals in Civil constructions, metals, cement, viscose filament yarn, branded apparel, carbon black, chemicals, fertilisers, insulators, financial services, telecom (Idea), BPO and IT services.
RANK 2: Tata Motors
- INCHARGE: Ratan Tata (Chairman Emeritus); Cyrus Pallonji Mistry (Chairman); Ravi Kant (Vice Chairman) and Karl Slym (Managing Director)
- Employees: 59,759
Tata Motors Limited is a multinational automotive manufacturing company headquartered in Mumbai and a subsidiary of the Tata Group.
Its products include passenger cars, trucks, vans, coaches, buses and military vehicles.
It is the world’s eighteenth-largest motor vehicle manufacturing company, fourth-largest truck manufacturer and second-largest bus manufacturer by volume.
RANK 3: LIC
- INCHARGE: D K Mehrotra (Chairman)
- Employees: 115,966 (as of 2010)
Life Insurance Corporation of India is the largest insurance group and investment company in India.
Headquartered in Mumbai, the Life Insurance Corporation of India currently has eight zonal Offices and 113 divisional offices located in different parts of India.
RANK 4: ITC
- INCHARGE: Yogesh Chander Deveshwar (Chairman)
- Employees: 29,000 (as of 2012)
ITC Limited is an Indian public company headquartered in Kolkata.
About 25 per cent of the company is owned by British corporation, British American Tobacco.
The company’s diversified business includes fast moving consumer goods, hotels, paperboards, paper and packaging and agri business.
RANK 5: Infosys
- INCHARGE: K V Kamath (Chairman); S Gopalakrishnan (Co-Chairman); S D Shibulal (CEO & MD)
- Employees: 155,629 (as of 2012)
Infosys Limited is an Indian multinational provider of business consulting, technology, engineering, and outsourcing services.
It is headquartered in Bengaluru.
This was the list for the most valued company in India.
By HARSHVARDHAN SINGH
Latest posts by harsh (see all)
- Boyhood Movie Review - November 15, 2014
- John Wick’ Movie Review - November 15, 2014
- Review Interstellar: Beautiful and Breathtaking by HVS - November 7, 2014