Time lags in Technology introduction / absorption and its consequences:
There has been considerable time lag between countries in respect of introduction or absorption of technologies.
- In India the TV arrived very late. Although the color TV had become quite common in advanced countries. Even when the TV arrived and the telecast started, initially there was only black and white telecast.
- Even the cable TV came to India only by about the beginning of 1990s. The late introduction and slow expansion (even today) affected not only TV business but also the advertising industry and product promotion.
- ØThe time lags in introduction of technologies may even result in some products not being able to reap the market.
- ØAnother e.g., the electronic typewriter had become known to Indians before it could penetrate the market. It could not achieve the growth because of the advent of the computer.
- ØBecause of this time lag in the advent of latest technology in India, many advance countries have considered us as a market for their obsolete technology. we even import second hand plant and machinery which is outdated machinery for the developed countries.
- ØAdvancement in the technology of food processing, packaging and preservation, transportation etc have facilitated product improvement and marketability of the product.
- ØIn the USA, it is researched that nearly 90% of the households are using microwave for preparing their evening meal and the latest microwaves will take hardly 15 minutes for preparing evening meal. In terms of packaging there is a tremendous move to microwave containers which offers the consumers the option of using the package as both the cooking and serving vessel.
- ØWhereas above stated development will take time to penetrate the Indian market.
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019