Recruitment and Selection is a subject in Semester 3 of SYBMS. Recruitment and selection are the 2 important functions of manpower planning. Recruitment is an activity of establishing contacts between employers and potential employees (applicants). Selection is a process of choosing more competent and suitable employees for the organization.
Recruitment & Selection is a subject introduced in SYBMS to familiarize the BMS students with concepts and principles, procedure of recruitment and selection in an organization. The subject gives an in-depth insight into various aspects of Human Resource Management and makes them acquainted with practical aspects of the subject.
UBMSFSIII.9: RECRUITMENT & SELECTION
[60 lectures: 3 Credit]
Unit 1 : 18 lectures
- Concepts of Recruitment- -Meaning, Objectives, Scope & Definition, Importance and relevance of Recruitment.
- Job Analysis- -Concept, Specifications, Description, Process And Methods, Uses of Job Analysis
- Job Design – Introduction, Definition, Modern Techniques, Factors affecting Job Design, Contemporary Issues in Job Designing.
- Source or Type of Recruitment – a) Direct/Indirect, b) Internal/ External.
- Internal – Notification, Promotion – Types, Transfer – Types, Reference
- External – Campus Recruitment, Advertisement, Job Boards – Website/Portals, Internship, Placement Consultancies- Traditional (In-House, Internal Recruitment, On Campus, Employment And Traditional Agency). Modern (Recruitment Books, Niche Recruitments, Internet Recruitment, Service Recruitment, Website and Job, Search Engine, Social Recruiting and Candidate Paid Recruiters).
- Technique of Recruitment – Traditional Vs Modern – Recruitment
- Evaluation of Recruitment- Outsourcing Programme
Unit 2 : 15 lectures
- Selection – Concept of Selection, Criteria for Selection, Process, Advertisement and Application (Blank Format).
- Screening – Pre and Post Criteria for Selection, Steps of Selection
- Interviewing – Types and Guidelines for Interviewer& Interviewee, Types of Selection Tests, Effective Interviewing Techniques.
- Selection Hurdles and Ways to Overcome Them
Unit 3 : 15 lectures
- Induction – Concept, Types-Formal /Informal, Advantages of Induction, How to make Induction Effective
- Orientation & On boarding- Programme and Types, Process.
- Socialization-Types-Anticipatory, Encounter, Setting in, Socialization Tactics
- Current trends in Recruitment and Selection Strategies – with respect to Service, Finance, I.T., Law And Media Industry
Unit 4 : 12 lectures
1) Preparing Bio-data and C.V.
2) Social and Soft Skills – Group Discussion & Personal Interview, Video and Tele Conferencing Skills
3) Presentation and Negotiation Skills, Aesthetic Skills
4) Etiquettes – Different Types and Quitting Techniques.
5) Exit Interview- Meaning, importance.
- Dipak Kumar Bhattacharya – Human Resource Management
- Arun Monappa- Managing Human Resource.
- C.B. Memoria – Personnel Management-
- Armstrong, Michael & Baron Angela. (2005). Handbook of Strategic HRM (1st ed.). New Delhi: Jaico Publishing House.
- Mello, Jeffrey A. (2007). Strategic Human Resource Management (2nd ed.). India: Thomson South Western.
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019