Teaching Hours and Assessment Pattern of Environmental Economics I:
- No. of sessions of 90 minutes – 30
- No. of sessions of 90 minutes per week – 2
- Continuous Assessment – 40 I A
- Semester end Examination – 60 I A
- Total marks – 100
- Duration of theory paper- 3 hours
- No. of credits – 2
The syllabus of Environmental Economics – I is as follows:
- Introductory micro-economic theory such as: supply and demand, price formulation, political means of control, environmental economic theories.
- Valuation methods, political means of control – administrative and incentive based and their applicability on environmental problems.
- Natural resource economics, renewable and non-renewable resources, resource management regimes,
- Ecological economics, the ecological system, technological pessimism vs technological optimism,
- International trade and the environment, Economic growth and the environment and
- Case studies.