Some Of The Interesting Facts About The State Bank Of India Are As Follows:
1. The slogan used for The State Bank Of India is ‘ The Banker To Everyone’. They apply and use this slogan for their daily work in the bank.
2. State Bank is one of the 4 Big Banks of India along with, Bank of India, Punjab National Bank and Bank of Baroda. The State Bank Of India is a Public type bank.
3. State Bank Of India is an Indian Multinational, Public Sector Banking and Financial services company. It is a government-owned corporation, with its headquarters in Mumbai.
4. State Bank Of India was founded on 2nd June,1956.
5. SBI provides a range of banking products through its network of branches in India and overseas, including products aimed at non-resident Indians (NRIs). SBI has 14 regional hubs and 57 Zonal Offices that are located at important cities throughout India.
6. SBI has five associate banks; all use the State Bank of India logo, which is a blue circle, and all use the “State Bank of” name, followed by the regional headquarters’ name:
- State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur
- State Bank of Hyderabad
- State Bank of Mysore
- State Bank of Patiala
- State Bank of Travancore
7. Apart from its five associate banks, SBI also has the following non-banking subsidiaries:
- SBI Capital Markets Ltd
- SBI Funds Management Pvt Ltd
- SBI Factors & Commercial Services Pvt Ltd
- SBI Cards & Payments Services Pvt. Ltd. (SBICPSL)
- SBI DFHI Ltd
- SBI Life Insurance Company Limited
- SBI General Insurance
8. The logo of the State Bank of India is a blue circle with a small cut in the bottom that depicts perfection and the small man the common man – being the center of the bank’s business. The logo came from National Institute of Design (NID), Ahmedabad and it was inspired by Kankaria Lake,Ahmedabad.
9. SBI is one of the largest employers in the country having 222,033 employees as on 31 March 2014, out of which there were 45,132 female employees (20%) and 2,610 (1%) employees with disabilities.Staff productivity: As per its Annual Report for FY 2013-14, each employee contributed net profit of INR 4.85 lakhs.
10. State Bank Of India has won a lot of Awards and gained alot of Achievement. Some of them are as follows:
a. SBI was ranked 73rd largest bank in the world, according to 2014 SNL financial data.
b. SBI was the only bank featured in the “top 10 brands of India” list in an annual survey conducted by Brand Finance and The Economic Times in 2010.
c. SBI was 50th Most Trusted brand in India as per the Brand Trust Report 2013, an annual study conducted by Trust Research Advisory, a brand analytics company and subsequently, in the Brand Trust Report 2014, SBI finished as India’s 19th Most Trusted Brand in India.
d. Best Bank 2009 by Business India.
e. The Most Trusted Brand 2009 by The Economic Times.
f .SBI was ranked as the top bank in India based on tier 1 capital by The Banker magazine in a 2014 ranking., ETC
11. Some of the major competitors for SBI in the banking sector are Axis Bank, ICICI Bank, HDFC Bank, Punjab National Bank, Bank of Baroda, IndusInd Bank, Canara Bank and Bank of India. However in terms of average market share, SBI is by far the largest player in the market.
12. Arundhati Bhattacharya is the chairperson of The State Bank Of India.
13. State Bank Of India specializes in : consumer banking, corporate banking, finance and insurance, investment banking, mortgage loans, private banking, private equity, savings, Securities, asset management, wealth management, Credit cards.
14. As of 28 June 2013, the State Bank Of India had 180 overseas offices spread over 34 countries. It has branches of the parent in Moscow, Colombo, Dhaka, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, Tehran, Johannesburg, London, Los Angeles, Male in the Maldives, Muscat, Dubai, New York, Osaka, Sydney, and Tokyo. It has offshore banking units in the Bahamas, Bahrain, and Singapore, and representative offices in Bhutan and Cape Town.
15. State Bank Of India has its own Official Website for all the citizens. It is www.sbi.co.in