Clearing the Bank PO exam is the first step towards a career in Banking sector. Survive 2 years as a Probationary Officer, and you are virtually guaranteed a job for life. Impress your bosses with your work ethic, customer focus and hunger for success, and you will grow in the banking space and earn a managerial role.
When we think about banking, all we really see are the front end employees, the ones we transact with on a daily basis. However, there is a lot more that happens in a bank which makes it tick. Today’s banks have diversified their activities and work in areas such as credit cards, consumer finance, wealth management, life and general insurance, investment banking, mutual funds, pension fund regulation, stock broking services, custodian services, private equity, etc.
Some of the roles on offer to PO’s include:
- Bank Tellers: For most customers, banking begins and ends with a teller. He’s the man with all the money. You go to him to withdraw cash and you go to him to make a deposit.
- Bill and Account Collectors: Customers are not always able to pay-off their loans on time, and it is the job of the Collector to work out a win-win situation between the Bank and the Customer to ensure that the bank does not lose out on the money.
- Loan Officers: The loan officer is the man who takes a decision on what is the amount of loan that should be given to each person. From student to business and personal loans, the Loan Officer has the final say on lending a helping hand.
- Financial Customer Service Representatives: One of the key jobs for a bank is to make the most of every customer they have. The person employed in this particular role looks for customers who are just using some of the bank’s services and pitches to them ideas about adding mutual funds, credit cards, net banking, demat accounts, etc.
- Credit Analysts: The credit analyst in a bank works on checking the credit worthiness of a customer. Usually credit analysts worth with corporate clients, and after studying their financial health, determine the risk of handing out a loan and the interest rate that should be charged as a result.
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019