An Interview with Priyanka Kishor Narkhede, TYBMS Sem 5 Topper, Pragati College (76.17%)
- Tell us more about yourself.
Myself Priyanka belonging to nuclear middle class family basically having interest in doing work and performing good rather than speaking and having full faith in God.
- Were you expecting to top in the exams? To whom would you credit this success to?
My expectations are minor, just to have good percentage with more practical knowledge than theoretical which I have achieved in 5th sem because of my lovely parents, God, faculties, my beloved friends and at last my hard-work for success.
- Did you prepare religiously from day One or A few weeks before the exams?
Frankly speaking I have studied regularly only for practical subjects and weekly for theory subjects but one thing which I have done is attended my lectures with full concentration which has helped in studying subjects easily.
- How did you allot time to different subjects?
I have followed self made time table before one month of exams and there was no such allotment of time for subjects but I practiced regularly practical subjects for atleast 3 hrs per day and 1 hr for reading theory subjects.
- Can you share some insights on how to crack the subjects before exams?
Students have fear of subjects but to crack these subjects we should study them as if we are reading stories which will create interest in subjects and after reading we should note the important points of that particular chapter which will be useful at times of revision more.
Answers for exams must be up to point and should be appropriate to the marks allotted as well as it should be in points and not in paragraphs with suited examples which creates attraction for the readers who are reading those answers.
For case studies in exam we should read it at-least 3 times and note in points all its facts and problems afterwards present the solutions firstly in form of diagrams and then in points which helps to have more clear picture of our views for that particular case.
Exam tips depends on person to person one who knows that if he is weak in particular subject regular study and hard-work is only the way to have success and those who are enough good in studies must also study regularly having more focus on gaining practical knowledge and collecting more information on concepts included in different subjects.
- Do you think BMS student require coaching classes or is self-study enough? Had you joined any coaching class for a particular subject?
BMS students according to me coaching classes is useful only for practical subjects because we know that at home only formality of studies is done but class helps to have regular study and revision of many different types of problems in practical subjects which helps us to increase the speed for solving sums. Yes I have joined classes only for practical subjects just to have more practice of problems and to increase the speed for solving those problems.
- Did you participate in college fests or extra-curricular activities? Do you think a BMS student can manage both studies and extra activities?
Yes I have participated in my college fest as well as extracurricular activities such as NSS, presentations, competitions, etc. according to me a BMS student can manage both studies as well as extra activities because corporate requires all rounders for their company and a management student should have the ability to manage different activities at the same time.
- Did you pursue any additional courses/ internships alongside BMS?
Additional courses which I have done is computers, inter connect stock exchange, etc.
- Today, we often come across students committing suicide out of failure, depression or tension of exams. What do you have to say about this? Did you use any special techniques for stress management?
Committing suicide is the person who is a waste and who thinks only for himself, rather than committing suicide one should have guts to face the problem and the world with full of courage and honesty.
Stress can be managed by meditation, yoga, music as well as by sharing our problems with our close friends.
- Do you think the number of Industrial visits should be increased for BMS Students? Which industries have you visited?
Yes visits should be increased because in market a person requires practical knowledge more than theoretical. I have visited many industries such as Parle, Coca Cola, LSI, and many more.
- Do you think BMS students are flooded with assignments, projects and internal exams round the clock? What changes would you like to bring in the BMS Curriculum?
No all the things are good enough to be managed along with regular studies. One change required is to include chapters which show the real picture of the business world of different subjects.
- What message would you like to give to the next batch of BMS students?
Message is to study the subjects with full enjoyment and gaining more knowledge in practical applications of different concepts included in the different subjects and as well as to enjoy the last year of graduation.
- What are the future plans post BMS?
My future plans to study MBA in finance and to be a part of well known organization in future and to earn huge salary to fulfill the dreams of my parents.
- Any Feedback/Suggestions for BMS.co.in?
No, just provide all useful information and also guide students for their future after pursuing BMS degree
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019