Co-ordination cannot be achieved through orders. It is a process which can be achieved through managerial functions. It is a by-product of good management. When all the functions are carried out properly then co-ordination will come by itself. Co-ordination may be achieved through following processes:
- Through Planning: The planning is the elementary stage of achieving co-ordination. When various functions are properly planned and various policies are integrated then co-ordination will be easily achieved. If the production manager is to plan for his development then it will be better to consult purchase manager, personnel manager, finance manager, sales manager also. When production is planned with the consent of other concerned managers then co-ordination takes place at planning level. If other managers feel some difficulties then they will explain it and mutually accepted decisions will resolve the differences. Co-ordination can certainly be achieved at planning stage. According to Mary. Follett, planning stage is the ideal time to bring about co-ordination and they must see to it that various plans are properly inter-related.
- Through Organization: Co-ordination is an essential part of organization. Money considers co-ordination as the very essence of organization. When a manager groups and assigns various activities to subordinates, the thought of co-ordination will be upper most in this mind. The related activities are placed together to avoid delays & confusions.
- Through Directing: When a manager directs his subordinates he will be coordinating their work. He will give them directions, guidelines and instructions for doing a job assigned to them. He will direct in such a way that the achievement of overall organizational objectives is ensures
- Through Controlling: The manager is required to control the work of everyone in the organization so that all efforts are directed towards main goals. There may be instances when performance of subordinates is not up to the mark or it is not in the direction in which it should have been. The manager will take corrective measures as and when required.
- Through Staffing: The staffing function can also help in proper coordination. While staffing, the manager should keep in mind the nature of jobs and the type of persons required for managing, them. He should- ensure the right number of executives in various positions for proper performance of their functions. The executives are of such a .quality or are given such a training that they are able to co-operate and co-ordinate their efforts.
- Through proper communication: Effective communication is of utmost importance for achieving better co-ordination. There should be a regular flow of information among various persons so that they are given required information for proper co-ordination. The personal contact is the most effective type of communication. Other methods like reports, procedures, bulletins, etc., can also be used properly.
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019