Q. PORTRAY SOME PERSONALITY TRAITS IN THE INDIAN CONTEXT:
Ans. BhagwadGita has identified different Personality Models / Traits / Behaviours in the Indian context:
# Tamasic: Living with the values which are utterly selfish, ego-centered motives, dull and meant to satisfy only personal interest.
# Rajasic: Living with tendencies which are extremely passionate and ambitious, dynamic in nature but centered to fulfilling selfish desires. Motives slightly nobler but centered on selfish etc.
# Sattvic: The attitude and motives are selfless, more balanced and discrimination based on higher values.
The western view talks about various personality traits which are found in the Indian context:
1) Passive personality:
Eg: Bhisma, Vidur & Dhronacharya showed their behaviour duringDraupadiVastraharan.
2) Aggressive Personality:
Eg: Duryodhana and Dushashan.
3) Manipulative personality:
4) Assertive Personality:
The other traits that are found in the Indian context are:
1) Respect The respect for others as well as elders and youngsters can be figured out as a distinct personality trait in the Indian context.
2) Trust: Indians do trust easily and very fast on others.
3) Emotion: Indians are very much emotional in nature and feelings affect them.
4) Straightforwardness and Simplicity: The straightforwardness and simplicity in the life of an Indian can be clearly seen as a special personality train in the Indian context.
5) Perseverance: This is a unique feature of a personality trait found in Indians and along with it. Indians have a sense of high and deep thinking.
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019